Selling your home?
If you're selling your home the steps you need to take to start the process are:
- You need to contact a real estate agent and Get an appraisal.
- Then select the agent we're comfortable with, which most people get wrong by choosing their agent based on two things.
- Select an agent based on what price they tell them
- How low their fees are and the cheapest marketing package they can provide them. (It's a real flaw when selling your home because you end up with an agent displaying the wrong skillset. Which is their inability to negotiate and show value. Because that's the two major skill sets that you want in an agent. If your agent can't do these, you may as well just be selling your home yourself.)
- Order a contract for sale.
- Get the marketing organised, get the photography done ASAP. (It typically takes up to two weeks to get your property on the market. But if you come to LOVE, we can work you through that system quickly because of our in-house media team. Also, see our tips for selling your home www.loverealty.com.au/preparing-your-home-for-sale)
What's the lead up to Christmas like in real estate?
Well, most people would feel as though things would start to wind down. But, contrary to that, it becomes a lot busier and it becomes a lot more heated at Christmas. A lot of activity is happening. People are making big decisions at that time of year. So we've found in both the sales and rental arena that it's a really thriving, busy time of year.
Do people buy homes right up to Christmas Eve?
On Christmas Eve, our sales team will be diligently signing sales contracts. But most of us are getting organised and settled by creating certainty around our living arrangements. Many families will be considering new work contracts, school choices and lifestyle preferences. It's a key time of year for big decisions. Selling your home and moving is often a part of this process.
We asked Liam "why is it real estate rush hour?"
"This will be my eighth Christmas with LOVE. So just last week, I think on a Tuesday we had 60 phone-in inquiries. we haven't seen those sort of numbers since I've been in the industry, that's for sure. The buyer enquiries are incredible and all those people need a home to buy. If you're selling your home to those buyers, you'll need a home to buy as well. It's just a huge flow-on effect."
Stephen Cromarty the Director had this to add “At LOVE our biggest quarter has always been the end of the year. People are funny and they focus on Santa coming along and they want to deliver that new home to their family in the new year because of this specific deadline that is Christmas day. But I think this year it has a few other ingredients chucked into the mix as well."
The sentiment of buyers at the moment has been "Wow, look what we can afford," or, "Look what we can buy, and look at the quality of the home we can own for that price," as opposed to trying to find the same sort of thing in Sydney that's going to cost two and sometimes three times the amount
At the start of the year between 50%-70%, of people were first home buyers. Currently, a lot more of investors have joined the market, which has added more petrol to the fire. Now throw in the 0.1% of the reserves bank interest rates, has just added way more fuel to the fire. So people are taking advantage of up-sizing and living that bit more luxe where they might've been a bit conservative up until about 2018, 2019. Now their taking advantage of, "Let's just upsize." At 2%, 2.4% interest rates. "Lock it in, Eddie, let's go, you have got three different dynamics now, as opposed to just one or two.
Now is a great time to be selling your home so get an up to date appraisal today www.loverealty.com.au/love-appraisals